Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Rhein Falls Let down and the highest bar in Europe.

a few weekends ago I decided that in my effort to live in Europe I hadn't done nearly enough exploring of my own country. That Saturday, I ventured out to the largest Falls in Europe. The Rhein Falls. Now it being the largest place in Europe I expected great things. I had seen Niagara Falls, and Victoria Falls and thought that as the largest Falls in Europe it was going to be just as amazing. I then was told by Zuzana (a friend from Czech Republic) that it wasn't as great as Niagara, and that while still beautiful it would pale in comparison to Niagara. Ok. I lowered my expectations a little. Not as big as Niagara, but they still must be pretty big, right? I mean BIGGEST FALLS IN EUROPE. this has to mean something! I got there all excited about what I would see. this is what I saw:
Rhein Falls
WHAT?! Hopes and dreams ruined I stared in disbelief. This was practically the size of the falls behind my house at home! (I kid, I kid. But still pretty small.) Let's compare:

Niagara: 
http://www.congresstour.cl/int/destinos.php?hl=de&id_destino=658&nom_continente=&nom_pais=estados-unidos&nom_destino=-circuito-arco-iris-




I mean there was no comparison. After my shock I decided to take a few more fun pictures. It might be small but there were photo opportunities that needed to happen!


The Sunday we (Michelle, Mackenzie, and I) headed to Mount Titlus to see the mountain, the glacier and some snow. We managed a train, bus, gondola, and lift to get to the top. It was gorgeous and inside the glacier was awesome. I will let the pictures do the rest of the talking! (I didn't get a picture of the highest bar in Europe. But I PROMISE we were there!

As you can see we got a little creative with our posing in the glacier.









At the top of the mountain!!



No comments:

Post a Comment