Sunday, October 24, 2010

A few firsts: Elephants and Freeze Mobs

Before I get into what I have been up to this past week in Munich, I thought I would talk about the past two weekends I have had. Last weekend after working on Saturday morning celebrating my host dad's birthday (I made arroz con pollo for it and a cake. Surprisingly both turned out good!) I headed off to the Kinder zoo to see some animals and ride some elephants!

Nicole, Shelley and I on the elephant photo from Nicole

One of my friends, Nicole, has a bucket list and one of the things to cross off her list was a horn for a horse to make a unicorn. This was the result:


Ignore my face, the horse was a little jumpy...

We saw some other animals and a sea lion show (all in German. the music choices were quite enjoyable though!) All in all we had a good time despite the rain and cold.

This past weekend, after I got back from Munich,I got the opportunity to participate in my first Flashmob. For those of you that don't know what this is, it's where a large group of people get together and freeze for 5 whole minutes. Let me tell you, 5 minutes is a long time when you can't move. I don't think I have ever been able to sit still for 5 whole minutes! If you still don't know what it looks like you might want to get an idea from this one in Grand Central and then this one that I participated in in Zurich I'm in it at about 1:08 or so. black jacket and pink ipod! It was fun to participate in and glad we got to do it! Another first in Switzerland.

No comments:

Post a Comment